It seems funny that I should write a post on Thanksgiving on the first day of December, but I was so busy spending time with the people I’m thankful for (and doing things I’m thankful for), I just didn’t get a chance to write this post. But as I was reminded from numerous social media posts last week, Thanksgiving is not a day; it’s a lifestyle.
There are so many things I have to thank God for this year, so I’m just going to list them. This list is more for myself so I can remember how God was continually faithful in my life even when I was less than faithful to Him. If you’re reading this, I hope you are encouraged to look back to see how God has been working in your life–even in the little things.
So far in 2012, I’m thankful for…
– A family vacation to Puerto Vallarta (I’d still love to go back!)
– Celebrating one year of marriage with Gerald
– A great job at Tyndale working with amazing coworkers (I can’t wait to share our new team photo…soon!)
– The opportunity to do PR for Olympic gymnast Shawn Johnson’s book, Winning Balance, where I got to go on my first book tour. This was a great learning experience for me–not to mention fun.
– Winning first place in my age group in the Long Grove Heritage Run 5k (I’ve come a long way in my running)
– Two successful bachelorette parties planned for my sister (her wedding’s this month!). I think she loved them.
– Gerald getting his first teaching position – I’m so proud of him.
– The crazy jr. high kids in my youth group Bible study who are teaching me how to study the Bible differently so I can make it relevant to their lives.
– The opportunity to return to Taylor for my 5-year reunion & seeing old friends
– Somehow God has been providing for us financially even when we’re horrible at figuring out a budget
– A weekend of pug-sitting Made me happy. (By the way, you can follow our family’s pug on Instagram).
– A successful chalazion surgery on my eyelid (I guess I was all worried for nothing)
– Great parents & in-laws who are so supportive & generous to us
– The ability to run (and the chance to run a Turkey Trot with my cousins on Thanksgiving)
– A wonderful husband who I love doing life with
– Continuing new married life traditions–like going down to the Christkindl Market in Chicago
And since today is December 1, I’m thankful to my mom for all she’s done for me. Today is her birthday!! Most of all I’m thankful to God for loving me & for the gift of salvation. I’d be nothing without Him.