I recently signed up to be a Jamberry Nails consultant. If you’re not familiar with Jamberry, it’s a way to have beautiful nails without the dry-time, chipping, and smudged manicures. Jamberry Nail wraps are applied with heat (you can even use your blow dryer) and pressure. They come in over 300 designs and last about 2 weeks on fingers and 4 weeks on toes. One sheet is $15 and gets you 2 manis, 2 pedis, and some extra wraps for accent nails (that’s cheaper than the salon!). You can browse and shop the designs through my shop: http://christywstroud.jamberrynails.net/
For me, figuring out the proper application and the best way to apply them to my nails was a little tricky at first, but here are some videos that really helped me:
- Pull & Stretch Method: http://youtu.be/gNEcYcEP0Fs
- Pull & Stretch/Baggie Method: http://youtu.be/8TrrcaSt_kE
Some other tips include:
- Make sure you prep your nails well! Push back your cuticles, buff your nails, wash your hands with Dawn soap to get rid of the extra oils.
- Use scotch tape to trace around your nail bed and then cut your wrap to fit. You can even make templates like this (or use an index card or file folder): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibzRP5ZG7K0
- Put some rice in a baby sock then heat it in the microwave for 30-45 seconds and put it over your nail wraps. This can help to smooth out any lifting edges or bumps (but hopefully if you use the stretch & baggie method you won’t have to really do this).
If you have any questions about Jamberry, or if you want to place an order or host a party, please don’t hesitate to contact me!